Qardio, is on a mission to make heart health easier, smarter and better for everyone. As a leading brand in the digital health and technology sector, we are hiring a Senior Backend Java Engineers to join our team.
As we scale, there will be significant opportunity for you to grow within the organization and improve the lives for millions of people around the world. Our office is in Amsterdam, near Westerpark.
You will be part of Qardio's Cloud Team, delivering a platform of globally distributed, scalable, reliable and high performance and secure data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, and external customers.
As a Senior Backend Java Engineer, you will be a core contributor in this group helping us to deliver the world-class data platform Qardio needs in order to succeed. You and your team will face some of the most complex challenges in distributed data systems at scale.
You will work in a small, empowered team - move fast - ship to production in weekly sprints. You will own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using the latest tools, and will have exposure to industry leading open source data technologies.
- Lead development of products, services and tools in Java;
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment;
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks and plan work accurately (definition of done is Production);
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call;
- Work cross-functionally for product launches;
- Collaborate with other teams and mentor junior engineers;
- Lead best practices in the team.
- 5-10 year experience in Java software development
- Industry experience building distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, 24x7 backend systems
- High proficiency in Java, including frameworks such as Spring/SpringMVC/JAXB or other microservices frameworks and restful services (REST)
- Extensive experience using large-scale SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Zookeeper and Kafka
- Strong knowledge of data structures, distributed algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Strong familiarity setting up, deploying, managing, and deploying to the cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Are an expert in designing, operating and fine-tuning highly-available data persistency layers.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, TDD and Automated Testing, and familiarity with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Gradle, Maven, GIT
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems.
- Are driven by a hunger for challenge and opportunity and thriving in a fast paced, intense, delivery-focused environment.
- Have a global mindset and be happy operating with a team spread across in multiple time zones
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Understand and have built HIPAA other compliant system(s)
What we offer:
- The ability to control your own career path and grow into a leadership role with an innovative company
- Great working environment, flexible work-hours, holiday plan, 25 days of leave yearly and training
- The ability to participate in a cutting-edge field of creating digital healthcare products
- The opportunity to work in an international environment working with others from different cultures, countries and backgrounds
- The chance to work in the heart of Amsterdam
- Visa sponsorship