We are a great team on an even greater mission: we believe our innovative solutions will revolutionize healthcare around the world. We come to work every day to solve problems, face challenges and improve lives of millions. And we have fun along the way.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for Apple or Google at the very beginning? When everybody was important and mattered? When things were moving fast and furious and a small team did big things? Well, you can’t turn back time but you might just have another chance: come and work for us.
Qardio is big enough to matter but small enough to make you matter too. If you are driven and ambitious, want to have a great job along with other great people, and want to make a difference, please apply.
Our world leading consumer healthcare and medical products bring the potential to transform healthcare for millions of people. We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking individual, with an acute eye for detail and a passion for mobile applications to be part of the engineering team.
The Sr. Android Developer is responsible for managing, developing and deploying innovative Android applications, which integrate with smart wearable solutions, creating a unique personalized healthcare experience.
- Provide exceptional programming and analytical skills to develop innovative mobile applications
- Work within an agile development team by driving user stories, designing and developing mobile applications, performing code reviews, and building automation tools
- Discuss in architecture design, software development, unit testing and documentation for the mobile Android solutions
- Mentor others in development technologies, best practices, tools, and processes
- Value product excellence and team success over individual productivity
- Collaborate with engineers, project managers, executive team and testers to bring new features and services into production
- 3+ years of Android development experience using Android SDK
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development (in Java, C#, Python or similar) experience
- Proven track record for the design and development of mobile applications with a product company
- Experience working with RESTful APIs type web services
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development best practices
- Demonstrate the passion to design, develop and build innovative applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience integrating Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices is a big plus
- Solid understanding of Multi-Threaded applications
- Knowledge using RxJava, Dagger and Retrofit in Android Development
What we offer
- The ability to control your own career path and grow into a leadership role with an innovative company
- Great working environment, flexible work-hours, holiday plan, 25 days of leave yearly, hackathons and training
- The ability to participate in a cutting-edge field of creating digital healthcare products
- The opportunity to work in an international environment working with others from different cultures, countries and backgrounds
- The chance to work in the heart of Amsterdam
- Visa sponsorship